Greek Pasta Salad
Greek salad is a classic dish, and is perfect for summer with all the garden fresh vegetables used in this recipe! This recipe can be enjoyed for outdoor picnics, as an appetizer, or as an entree. As refreshing as it is, this salad also offers a good amount of vegetarian protein provided by the chickpeas within this recipe. This is just one example as to how plant-based protein can easily be incorporated in dishes in ways that are simple and enjoyable! This recipe is a great option for meal prep, as it even tastes better the next day.
- 4 cup rice pasta raw (I used Rizopa Foods brand)
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 1/2 cucumber diced
- 7 oz chickpeas approx. 1 can
- 3/4 cup low sodium feta cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley diced (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- Cook rice noodles as per instructions.
- In the meantime, mix dressing ingredients together.
- Once the pasta is cooked, let it cool in the fridge for 15-20 minutes. Once cooled, mix all remaining ingredients in mixing bowl and top with dressing.
- Opt-out for dairy-free cheese instead of feta for a dairy-free option
- This recipe is a great option for meal prep, as it tastes even better the next day!
- Serves 4-5 people or can be enjoyed by one person over several meals/days