Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
Having a delicious yet balanced breakfast is one of the best things you can do for your body! This oatmeal recipe is one way to get in the perfect combination of protein, fats, and carbohydrates to fuel your day. Not only will you get plenty of sustained energy and vitamins from the oats and apples, but you will certainly feel satisfied and satiated with the nuts paired in this meal! Oatmeal is a great way to use your creativity, and you can use a different combination of fruits, yogurts, nuts, seeds, natural sweeteners, and spices to get the best flavours and nutrients. This combo of apples, walnuts, and cinnamon most certainly reminds me of having warm apple pie on a fall day!
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats gluten-free if needed
- 1 cup 2% milk or skim milk
- 1 tsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granny smith apples diced
- 2 tbsp crushed walnuts
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and microwave for 60 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and stir, then place in the microwave again for another 45-60 seconds until the oats have absorbed most of the milk.
- Serve with diced apples and walnuts.