Lemongrass Chicken Vermicelli Bowl
This noodle bowl as a whole is delicious, but the lemongrass chicken is what truly makes it stand out! The marinade is extremely flavorful (be sure to marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour!), making this recipe a great choice for a simple, easy dinner that pleases the entire family.
- 1 pound Chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
- ½ oz Lemongrass (peeled, chopped into large pieces)
- 3 tbsp Fish sauce (divided)
- ¼ cup Lime juice (divided)
- ¼ cup Coconut sugar (divided)
- 1 tbsp Avocado oil
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- 7 oz Rice vermicelli noodles
- 3 tbsp Rice vinegar
- ½ cup Water
- 2 Carrot (shredded)
- 3 cup Green cabbage (sliced thin)
- ½ cup Cilantro (roughly torn)
- In a large baking dish or large sipper-lock bag, place the chicken thighs inside. In a small bowl, combine the lemongrass, ⅓ of the fish sauce, ½ of the lime juice, ½ of the coconut sugar, oil, and tamari. Whisk well to combine. Pour over the chicken and toss well to mix everything.
- Cook the rice vermicelli noodles according to the directions on the package. Rinse under cold water and drain. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken along with any leftover marinade and cook until charred on one side. Flip and cook the other side, about 10 minutes total. Remove and discard the lemongrass pieces and let cool slightly on a plate. Once cool, slice into strips.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the remaining lime juice, fish sauce, and coconut sugar. Then add the rice vinegar and water, and whisk to combine until the sugar is dissolved.
- Divide the noodles into bowls along with the carrot, cabbage, and cilantro. Top with the sliced chicken. Serve with the dipping sauce and spoon it over top of each bowl. Enjoy!
Additional toppings. Add sliced cucumber, Thai chilis, or fresh mint on top. Flavor. Add chili flakes or Thai chilis to the chicken. Make it vegan. Omit the chicken and use tofu instead. Saving time tip. Pre-marinate your chicken and freeze it so it is ready to go on the day you want to make the dish. Also you can purchase bagged salads that have cabbage and carrots to decrease prep time.