Roasted Vegetable Focaccia
This Fortino's inspired bread is packed full of vegetables, and can be customized be adding fun, flavorful toppings that you enjoy.
- 1 cup Water (warm)
- 2 ½ cup All-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ tsp Dry instant yeast
- 2 tsp Honey
- Olive Oil
- Red peppers (roasted)
- Feta cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, mix 1 cup of warm water, 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour, 1 ¼ tsp of dry instant yeast, and 2 tsp of honey.
- Let the mixture rest for 1 to 2 hours. This will allow the focaccia to rise.
- Coat a sheet pan with olive oil, and spread the focaccia evenly.
- Top the focaccia with desired toppings.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until browned.
- Top with olive oil and salt, and serve!
Toppings. You can use any and all of your favourite toppings, and as little or as much as you would like! I topped my focaccia with roasted red peppers, arugula, feta, cheese, and onions. Another delicious topping combination may be prosciutto, pear, blue cheese, and onions!