These Chickpea Fritters are perfect for days when you don't have enough groceries and don't feel like grocery shopping. The Chickpea Fritters are packed with protein, making them great for adults and kids. Pair it with your favourite veggies or have it with bread. No matter how you eat, they taste amazing!
- 1¾ Cups Chickpeas Cooked
- ¼ Cup All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- ¼ Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Mayonnaise
- ½ Tsp Dried Parsley Dried
- ½ Tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1½ Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the chickpeas, flour, nutritional yeast, mayonnaise, parsley, garlic, salt, and water. Mix well and mash the chickpeas until well blended.
- Divide the chickpea mixture into six flat patties using slightly damp hands.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the oil. Once hot, add the fritters and fry for three to four minutes per side until browned and crispy. Be careful not to crowd the pan and work in batches if needed. Enjoy!
Notes Leftovers Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to five days, or freeze for longer. Serving Size One serving is two fritters. Flour Use another type of flour such as regular all purpose or chickpea flour. Additional Toppings Dip in your favourite sauce or mix together coconut yogurt, dill, and lemon for a refreshing dip.