Vegan Lentil Keema
Vegan Lentil Keema is packed with flavour and can be paired with Naan or rice. This recipe is quick and easy to make and is packed with protein and vegetables.
- 2 Cups Water
- 1¾ Cups Canned Coconut Milk Divided
- 2 Yellow Potato Small, Cubed
- 1 Cup Dry Green Lentils
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tsps Coriander
- 2 Tsps Cumin
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Yellow Onion Medium, Diced
- 3 Tomato Medium, Halved
- 2 Cups Frozen Peas
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- In a large pot, add the water, half the coconut milk, potatoes, and lentils. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes uncovered, or until tender. Do not drain. Set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the coriander, cumin, and garlic, and cook for one minute. Stir in the onions for about five minutes or until translucent. Add the tomato and cook for another five minutes.
- Stir in the remaining coconut milk. Use a hand-held immersion blender to blend until smooth.
- Add the peas, lime juice, potatoes, and lentils (with the liquid). Gently simmer for about five minutes or until warmed through. Enjoy!
Leftovers Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to four days. Serving Size Each serving equals approximately 1 3/4 cups. More Flavour Add garlic, chopped bell pepper, cauliflower, or green chilies. Season further with turmeric, cinnamon, cayenne, salt, or pepper to taste. Additional Toppings Top with cilantro. Serve with rice or naan. No Green Lentils Use brown lentils instead. No Coconut Oil Use ghee or butter instead.