Michelle Meier is an experienced social worker who offers online services to improve access to therapy for individuals who cannot attend in-person sessions.
- Registered Social Worker – (College of Social Workers – # 837525) Masters of Social Work – University of Waterloo
- Bachelor of Social Work – University of Waterloo
- Bachelor of Arts (Minor in Religious Studies) – University of Waterloo
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) Certificate – LivingWorks
- Addictions and Mental Illness- Working with Co-Occurring Disorders Certificate – Crisis & Trauma Resource Institute (CTRI)
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) Skills Certificate – CAMH
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Certificate (CBT) – The Association for Psychological Therapies (APT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) – The Association for Psychological Therapies (APT)
- 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Certificate – My Vinyasa Practice
- Body Image and Self-Esteem
- Anxiety and Depression
- Relationship Challenges and Codependency
- Substance Use
Social Worker Providing Services Online, MSW, BSW, BA
Michelle Meier is an experienced social worker who offers online services to improve access to therapy for individuals who cannot attend in-person sessions. Michelle’s journey to self-love and repair her relationship with food inspires her to help others who struggle with similar issues. Michelle’s approach is client-centered and strengths-based, working collaboratively with clients to uncover their innate wellness and discover helpful ways to cope with life’s challenges. Her sessions draw from CBT, DBT, Narrative, and ACT, and she incorporates mindfulness and mind-body connection techniques from her yoga practice as a certified instructor. Michelle specializes in anxiety, women’s issues, depression, self-esteem, and relationships. She strives to establish a human connection with her clients to establish a strong foundation for their work together. Her services are provided online through a secure platform, and she offers a free discovery call to explore working together.
Other Team Members
Although you may be seeing Michelle for your healthcare needs, the Nourishing Balance takes a holistic approach to ensure your mental, physicial, and emotional health get the attention they deserve. Get to know some of our other practitioners.